I recently went on a “daycation”. A great beach with an outdoor restaurant. This place is a complete success despite the times.
- The rules are crystal clear–no mask-no service. You WILL be asked to leave if you do not wear one.
- The expectations are shared and they are shared frequently in a confident voice. When you are brought to your table you are told that masks only come off once drink orders arrive and the maximum time at the table is 2 hours.
- The staff seems genuinely happy to be working there. They are friendly and helpful even in their “COVID uniform.” This makes the customers happy which makes for a positive experience.
- They have the right equipment. Touchless faucets, soap and towel dispensers, signs EVERYwhere with rules, sanitizers every few feet, umbrellas to block the sun…anything one needs to feel safe is in place.
- The VALUE of the place is evident. The food is not cheap, neither is the parking or the lounge rentals but yet people are paying for parking, ordering food and renting lounges. When folks understand they are getting something of value, they are willing to invest hard earned money.
Wouldn’t it be great if all everything we participated had clear rules, expectations, content workers, equipment and value?